Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Walk for MS (Off Topic Post)

I'm so sorry to post off topic, but this is something that I need to spread around and since I don't get out much I thought this might be a good place to start.

My boyfriend was recently diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis, after having strange vision for several weeks and undergoing several MRIs to try to find the cause of his ailment, we were referred to a doctor who told us we were probably looking at the beginnings of MS. Sure enough, six months later we received the confirmed diagnosis. Having grown up knowing someone who's wife had MS and who was completely bedridden, this was all a bit terrifying, and while treatment for the disease has come a long way, loss in quality of life is simply delayed. Next April there is going to be a Walk for MS at the Columbus Zoo, but teams are already forming and fundraising attempts are beginning. I post this here to ask anyone who is able or willing to donate to do so Here.
If you're interested in joining the team that has been started in the name of my boyfriend, you are more than welcome, the team name is Max's Manatees.

Thank you for your time, and I apologize again for the off-topic-ness.

No comments:

Post a Comment